Below is a list of useful tools and links. If you have any suggestions to include anything please send me a comment. Thanks.
- FreeFormatter – An excellent free developer resource for dealing with strings of all sorts include escaping, un-escaping, xml validation, etc..
- Online Regulator Expression Editor – Great Regex resource for checking and learning regex expressions
- https://regex101.com/ – Maybe an even better free Regex editor with handy helpers.
- http://choosealicense.com/ – Help choosing an Open Source License
- Visual Studio Shortcut Keys – A full list of shortcut keys
- Icon Slayer – Very useful online tool for creating icons for all kinds of apps
- https://stackedit.io – Very useful online MarkDown editor
- mermaid = UML diagram documentation framework for the web. Uses a type of Markdown-like script language
REST API Stuff
- http://specgen.apistudio.io – apigee Open API Spec generator
- https://inspector.swagger.io – swagger API spec generator (but for some reason does not include the response!)
- https://app.swaggerhub.com – Swagger editor and 2 to 3 converter
- Azure Architecture Center – Loads of really good stuff for architects
- Azure Solution Architectures – examples
- Azure Downloads – The main downloads page for Azure related stuff
- Azure and cloud symbol set – Excellent set of images and icons. Visio stencil, PowerPoint, PNG and SVG
Visual Studio Online Links
- Hosted Build Agents Installed Software – List of supported loaded software
- Xamarin University – Training for certification
- Github Xamarin Forms Labs (XLabs) Project – Supplemental controls and helpers for Xamarin Forms
- Edge Test Drive sites and demos – useful test and functionality does and code bases for Edge
Visual Studio Extensions I use and recommend
Visual Studio 2015
- Developer Assistant
- Bootstratp Snippet Pack
- Entity Framwork Reverse POCO Generator
- Productivity Power Tools 2015
- Test Generator NUnit extension
- Tangeable T4 Editor
- Open command line
- PowerShell Tools for Visual Studio 2015
- SideWaffle Template Pack
- Dummy Text Generator
Windows Phone 8 Links
- Microsoft Phone Dev Center – Submit apps for Windows Phone. Also has links to resources.
- Windows 8.1 Dev Hub– Submit apps for Windows 8.1. Also has links to resources.
Game Development Links
- Autodesk free FBX converter – facilitates higher-fidelity data exchange between 3ds Max, Maya, MotionBuilder, Mudbox and other propriety and third-party software
- CG Textures – Great textures library
- TurboSquid – Extensive 3D model library
- GCTalk Training Workshops – get help creating computer graphics
General Training Links
- Channel 9 – Excellent training videos, Microsoft focused.
- PluralSight.com – can’t recommend this site enough. I spend a lot of time training here! Huge range of subjects.
- Microsoft Virtual Academy – Great free training on Microsoft and open technologies
Mapping and GIS Stuff
- https://www.doogal.co.uk/ – Some very useful Postcode, mapping and geocoding utils